Quick update for you. You may have noticed that the website looks a little different and there’s a very good reason for that: I upgraded my WordPress plan. I have access to better website themes and SEO tools now.
Don’t worry, everything is exactly where it’s always been and my latest content is still dead-center on the page – most changes are aesthetic.
So, here’s what’s changed:
- Easy to read, high-contrast background and text.
- New, clearer fonts.
- Content loads more quickly – includes adorable three-dot loading screen.
- Header image has been moved to the background and is static.
- All website content is now in boxed format, so it floats beautifuly over that static background.
- Top menu is static, disappears while scrolling down and reappears while scrolling up.
- Featured article is displayed prominently below header-menu, text does awesome dissolve thing when you scroll down.
- New static sidebar that displays the website’s mission-statement, a small thumbnail-link to my WordPress profile, and a collection of the wonderful people who follow me.
- Footer area contains new social-media buttons, as well as my most used tags.
- Dedicated search tool at the top-right of the page.
- Clearly defined and separated list of articles that aren’t all up on each other like they were before. Latest content still appears at the top.
That’s basically it as far as major changes go.
Oh, and at some point there might be advertisements in the margins. I know, I know: nobody likes ads. However, at no point is the purpose of this website to do anything other than ramble on and on about the things I find interesting. There’s no guarantee the audience here will ever grow to the point that advertisers would be interested, but my new WordPress plan allows for the possibility.
Future projects for you wonderful people to look forward to:
- Daily articles
- Podcast (maybe)
Fun! I’ll keep you all updated.